February 24, 2009

8 is GREAT!!!

Austin on his blessing day

Today is Austin's 8th birthday. Unfortunately he caught the "stomach flu" bug that Kaylee and I had over the weekend. Who is next? Tyler or Brian? Anyway, I can't believe my firstborn is 8. It wasn't that long ago that he was born. He was such a beautiful baby and has turned into a handsome boy. He is such a big help and a good example to Tyler and Kaylee. He has such a big heart. He is always writing little notes to me. Just yesterday when I was sick on the couch he brought over a note that said, "I hope you feel better. I love you mom." I smiled real BIG when I read it.



He will be baptized next month and is looking forward to this special day. Many family members are planning on making the trip to be with Austin on his baptism day.



This past Saturday we celebrated Austin's birthday a little early. His Grandpa & Grandma McNamara were visiting and he also invited two friends from school to play mini-golf. We headed out around 3:30 to Golfland for a little game of mini-golf. We all had fun playing golf...it was interesting with 4 active boys (Tyler included), but we survived! Afterwards we came home and had pizza and cake. It was a fun day!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't believe that Austin is 8! He was just a beautiful baby and I remember his baby blessing. Was it really 8 years ago? Happy Birthday Austin Ross.
Austin is such a great kid - wish we could be there for his baptism!!

Heidi said...

Mindy, thanks for the update and...Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you guys. It's hard to believe how many of my friends are having baby #4. Glad you're starting to feel better. My baby turns eight next month, too! I can relate to your feelings--where does the time go? Speaking of which, I need to update MY blog. Take care!